Are you juicing your social media presence for all it's worth? Sure, social media engagement can be a great way to connect and interact with fans, prospects, and customers alike. But are you aware of its potential as a lead generation tool?
The next time you tweet a link, post a message on Facebook or LinkedIn, or upload a video to your YouTube channel, consider the following 10 tactics to make sure you're squeezing out as much lead gen juice as possible from your social media strategy.
10 Ways to Squeeze More Lead Gen Juice From Social Media
1. Promote your social presence via email, your website, and your blog. In order to generate leads from social media, you first need followers and fans who actually care about your updates. Don't forget about easy ways to promote your presence in social media and attract new followers. Add social media follow buttons to various pages of your website, your blog, your personal email signatures, and your email marketing messages so people know where else to find you.
2. Make sure every blog post you share includes a CTA. In general, it's a best practice to include a call-to-action on every blog post you publish in general. While blog articles don't directly generate leads, they're a great way to direct visitors to landing pages where they can convert into leads. Make sure every blog post you share in social media includes a CTA to support lead generation.
3. Share more landing pages in social media. Blog posts shouldn't be the only type of content you share in social media. Pump up your social media lead generation efforts by sharing more landing pages for downloadable content like ebooks and webinars. This will cut out the lead gen middle man (i.e. blog posts) and enable visitors to convert in fewer clicks, which will increase your chances of generating leads.
4. Include social sharing buttons throughout all content and landing pages. Easily expand the potential reach of your content by adding social media sharing buttons for sites like Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn to every piece of content you produce as well as every landing page you create. Include these buttons on every blog post you publish and on every single page of the ebooks you launch. By making it virtually effortless for people to share your content with their connections, you will attract new eyes to your content, expand your reach beyond your direct network, and ultimately, generate more leads!
5. Create custom landing pages on Facebook. Create a custom Facebook page tab, and use it to promote your best lead generating content. Or take it one step further with HubSpot's Welcome Application for Facebook, which enables you to create a custom tab with a form to generate leads directly within Facebook!
6. Participate in LinkedIn Answers. Regularly monitoring questions pertaining to your industry and expertise in LinkedIn Answers will enable you to identify opportunities to share your thought leadership. In your responses, be sure to include a link to a piece of content that provides more detailed information to support lead generation.
7. Launch a contest that includes a lead gen element. Launching a contest in social media is a great way to attract new fans and followers, and, when done correctly, help you generate leads. Consider making lead generation the way someone must enter your contest. Something as simple as "Download our new ebook, and you'll be entered to win a new [insert enticing prize here]!"
8. Include CTAs in videos you upload to YouTube. Just as every blog post you publish should include a call-to-action, so should every video you produce. Including the URL of a landing page with a simple CTA at the end of the video will suffice. This way, if someone embedded your video on their website or blog and others viewed it outside the context of YouTube, your CTA would remain intact. Furthermore, you should also include links to landing pages in your video's description when you upload it to your YouTube channel.
9. Use your social media bios wisely. Use opportunities in your social media account bios to link to your content. Many social media sites enable users to include a link or two in their forward-facing bio or profile; use it wisely.
10. Increase your social reach. It's an easy concept to understand -- the more fans and followers you have, the more chances you'll have to generate leads. Spend some time working to increase your social media reach and increase your fans and followers, and those lovely leads will follow.
How else can you squeeze more lead generation juice out of your social media presence?
Image Credit: Keith Williamson