We love our Academy students, and we especially love receiving feedback from all of them. And one piece of feedback we’ve heard loud and clear is that we need to offer a social media certification course.
Finally, it’s here!
Doing business using inbound is to do so in a helpful, human, and holistic way. And what better way to do that than by using social media? That's where I come in, as the social media professor for HubSpot Academy.
I'm so excited that today this new HubSpot Academy certification course goes live. You now have the chance to learn how to use social media to run your inbound business, from marketing to sales to services.
What's included in this course?
The certification course is eight lessons that run a total of four hours and forty minutes long, with a seventy-question test and an exam run-time of about two hours.
The lessons in the course cover social media strategy, social listening and moderating, creating a social content strategy, extending your reach with user-generated content, working with influencers, social customer service, social selling, digital advertising, measuring ROI, governance and risk, and so much more.
Plus, we tapped into the expertise of several social media and digital practitioners, including:
- Amanda Bond - Owner of The Ad Strategist
- Carmen Collins - Cisco - Senior Social Media and Talent Brand Manager
- Joel Comm - Author and Internet marketer
- Karen Freberg - Associate Professor, University of Louisville
- Kim Garst - Boom! Social - CEO and Co-Founder
- Katie Greeves - OPIS By IHS Markit - Social Media & Public Relations Manager
- Carrie Kerpen - Likeable Media - Co-founder and CEO
- Laurie Meacham - JetBlue - Manager Customer Commitment and Social Media
- Mari Smith - Small Business and Facebook Marketing Expert
- Daysha Veronica - Founder and Viral Digital Media Producer, Yes Queen (formerly from Buzzfeed)
- Andrea Vhal - Social Media Consultant
- Dennis Yu - BlitzMetrics - Chief Technology Officer
And we didn’t stop there. We enlisted several of our fantastic and super talented colleagues at HubSpot to help us teach sections of the certification:
- Laura Fitton - HubSpot INBOUND Manager and Twitter Influencer @Pistachio
- Alex Girard - HubSpot Product Marketing Manager - Social Media
- Lindsay Kolowich - HubSpot Senior Marketing Manager
- Daria Marmer - HubSpot Social Tools - Product Manager
- Eric Peters - HubSpot Academy Social Media and Senior Growth Marketing Manager
And last, but definitely not least, I worked with Dr. Ai Addyson-Zhang, associate professor of Communication Studies at Stockton University, to develop a downloadable workbook to help you apply the principles of the course to your own studies or toward building your own business.