Online shopping is a different experience than in-person shopping. At a physical store, you can sift through multiple racks to find the perfect shirt and talk to a salesperson to find a particular pair of jeans. You also can get fashion ideas by looking at the store mannequins.
But shopping online comes with a unique challenge. E-commerce stores must find an appealing way to help their visitors easily browse products and check out the virtual sales rack. The online shopping experience must engage potential customers to increase sales.
A product slider that displays products in a slideshow is one way to capture your visitors’ attention. Product sliders also group certain products together to highlight special deals and encourage more purchases.
In this post, we’ll cover strategies for using product sliders and highlight the best WooCommerce product slider plugins.
What is a product slider?
A product slider, or carousel, is a slideshow displaying product images and details for website visitors to scroll through. Product sliders allow you to showcase multiple products at once, feature related products, and make it easier for visitors to browse your online store.
Source: Envato Market
Best Practices for Creating WooCommerce Product Sliders
An effective WooCommerce product slider can generate more sales for your store. That’s why it’s important to design your product sliders to fit the needs and interests of your website visitors.
Here are a few strategies to build your product slider:
- Add a shopping cart button. By adding an add-to-cart button to your product slider, you make it easier for shoppers to purchase without hesitation. This technique will help increase your sales.
- Highlight special deals. Today’s shopper is always on the hunt for a discount. Rather than have customers leave your site to find deals, you can showcase your limited-time offers on your product sliders.
- Adjust to mobile screens. Consumers shop at their homes, on their jobs, and even during their lunch breaks. Shoppers are using their smartphones and tablets to browse products. Your goal is to design a responsive product slider that adapts to a smaller website layout. That way, your visitors aren’t zooming in and out just to see your products.
- Add user-generated content. Customers are your best advocates to persuade other shoppers. Ask your loyal customers to post their brand experiences on social media using a specific hashtag. Then, you can import those images into your product slider to convince reluctant buyers.
- Conduct placement experiments. It’s important to position your product sliders in a highly visible spot on your website. To find that location, you may have to run A/B tests to find the best placement. Try adding your product slider in the middle of your homepage or at the bottom of your blog.
Now, let’s take a look at several plugins that can help you create a product slider.
Best WooCommerce Product Slider Plugins
- WooCommerce Product Slider, Carousel, and Grid
- Product Slider for WooCommerce
- Product Slider and Carousel with Category for WooCommerce
- WPB WooCommerce Product Slider
WooSlider is a premium plugin created by WooCommerce. You have the power to control every aspect of your slideshow, including transitions, directions, and sliding speeds. Customize your product slider to display on a WordPress post or page. Also, you can set the number of products you want to show as well as add a shopping cart button to encourage purchases.
You can create unlimited product carousels, sliders, and grids using this plugin. This fully responsive product slider will adapt to all screens, including smartphones and tablets. There’s also the option to display or hide the product title, price, star ratings, and cart button. Plus, no coding skills are required because the plugin automatically generates a shortcode for you to add the product slider to your WordPress website.
A personalized product slider is helpful for gaining the attention of your visitors. This plugin includes features to add text to your product images, call-to-action buttons, and social share links. Also, the unlimited color options allow you to match the product slider to your brand’s style.
With this plugin, you can create an e-commerce store with a product slider to sort and display products by category. You can even draw visitors to specific products with a slider dedicated to highlighting your best-selling products. This feature works well when you want to spotlight promotional products, too.
The WPB WooCommerce Product Slider can show your latest, featured, and tagged products. Want to try a new location for your slider? This plugin comes with a custom widget to display your product slider in the sidebar. You can also upgrade to the pro version to create product sliders by the SKU and remove out of stock products from your sliders.
Use product sliders to enhance your visitors’ online shopping experience. An effective product slider can help shoppers browse your products and alert them to special promotions. Take advantage of product sliders to increase your store revenue.
Originally published Oct 25, 2019 12:02:29 PM, updated October 25 2019