Thanks to the TV show The Office, many of us have heard of the classic "stapler in Jell-O" trick. But what other, less conventional pranks are out there to add some color to an otherwise average day at the office?
We asked our friends and combed the internet for more examples of some of the funniest office pranks, and pulled together this list to serve as inspiration for your own work pranks. Every company has a story or two about that funny office prank of yore. Whether you're doing some early April Fool's Day research or just feeling a little tricksy, it's time to get a prank of your own in the books. Here are some ideas.
And if you want to make up for the time you spent pranking your co-workers ...
31 Funny Office Prank Ideas to Pull on Your Co-Workers
1) Nothing like caramel onions to perk you up.
Image Credit: Rant Lifestyle
2) This is what nightmares are made of.
Image Credit: Rant Lifestyle
3) Fish food (hopefully) included.
Image Credit: Reddit, jihadaze
4) Just hope nobody actually called 9-1-1 ...
Image Credit: BuzzFeed
5) Tighten the zip-tie, throw it ... and run for your life.
Image Credit: Emlii
6) The perfect use for those sticky notes piling up in the back of your drawer.
Image Credit: Reddit, Bzbzbzbz
7) They should never have told you their phone password.
Image Credit: Gottabemobile
8) Welp, that's one way to loosen up before a meeting.
Image Credit: Reddit, JJ0EE
9) At least it's not glitter.
Image Credit: Reddit, williebeth
10) For trolls, by trolls.
Image Credit: Dose
11) One for the international office.
Image Credit: Reddit, 1hhc1
12) For Hasselhoff lovers. (Or Hasselhoff haters.)
Image Credit: Justsomething
13) You said you needed a vacation?
Image Credit: Sanjeev on Imgur
14) That's it. You're suspended.
Image Credit: WorldWideInterweb
15) Hey everyone, there's cake up for grabs in the kitchen!
Image Credit: Reddit, blinhorst
16) Just a little condiment art. Sound effects: optional.
Image Credit: Maluda on Imgur
17) Their boss' face. EVERYWHERE.
Image Credit: DecentLeaf on Imgur
18) How to make an office disappear.
19) Simple, yet brilliant.
Image Credit: farewelltomediocrity on Tumblr
20) Time to learn to touch type.
21) I'm not even mad, I'm just impressed.
Image Credit: Reddit, BOOMTimebomb
22) This could actually make your cat-loving co-worker's day.
Image Credit: Reddit, cstyves
23) "For the man who never has enough time."
Image Credit: @alicetaywong on Instagram
24) ... Or the woman who never has enough time.
Image Credit: 22words
25) Just doing your part for the environment, ya know?
Image Credit: BoredPanda
26) Ingredients: blizzard, shovel, and several hours to kill.
Image Credit: gcbb on Flickr
27) For the prankster with NO SOUL.
Image Credit: @sarcasticfitnessmama on Instagram
28) Just the adrenaline rush you needed.
Image Credit: @duirbran on Instagram
29) Warning: could scare the bejeezus out of you, too.
Image Credit: Reddit, 12q9et
30) When in doubt, just wrap stuff.
Image Credit: Gabe Weinberg
Image Credit: Laura Moran
31) And finally, for those of you who still aren't over the whole Jell-O thing ...
What are your favorite office pranks? Share with us in the comments below!
Editor's Note: This post was originally published in January 2015 and has been updated for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.