Twitter isn't just for getting followers, retweets, and replies -- it's also a valuable marketing channel for generating qualified leads. But when you’re trying to generate leads on Twitter, your tweets have to be a little different than normal. With a few tweaks, your tweets can be transformed into lead generation machines -- you just have to know what those little tweaks are.
Recently, Twitter's Anne Mercogliano and HubSpot's Kipp Bodnar teamed up to share their top tips for generating leads on Twitter in just 25 minutes a day. (You can click here to access the recording now.) In case you missed it or don't have time to watch the recording, below are the top ten tips they recommended for getting leads from Twitter.
1) Allocate time each day to your Twitter tasks.
2) Treat lead-gen tweets differently.
Awesome tweets for lead gen: Short, clear CTA, one link, and interesting copy. Do NOT use hashtags, mentions, multiple links. #Twitter25— Kelvin (KC) Claveria (@kcclaveria) June 26, 2014
3) Keep hashtags to a minimum in lead-gen tweets.
Hashtags are great for accessing conversations surrounding a specific topic, but may distract someone from clicking on a link. #Twitter25— HubSpot (@HubSpot) June 26, 2014
4) Don't assume that lead-gen tweets need to be boring.
5) Space out the link and image in lead-gen tweets.
If you use an image, don't put it right after your lead gen link - your link won't stand out #Twitter25— Caitlin Shanly (@CaitShanly) June 26, 2014
6) Supplement your organic reach with paid tweets.
It's good to have a balance of organic & paid tweets. Evaluate your goals. Use paid to supplement your organic reach. #Twitter25— HubSpot (@HubSpot) June 26, 2014
7) When creating Twitter ads, segment your audience.
Target your audience on Twitter with content relevant to: - Keywords they're using - Interests - Geography - Gender #twitter25— Diana Urban (@DianaUrban) June 26, 2014
8) Measure the performance of each lead-gen tweet.
Look at engagement rates, clicks, cost per engagement to measure success of tweets #Twitter25— Caitlin Shanly (@CaitShanly) June 26, 2014
9) Don't burn through cash too quickly.
10) Follow up with the leads you generate quickly.
Want to share these tips? Here's a ready-made tweet:
Click to tweet: 10 Quick Tips for Getting Leads from Twitter - http://bit.ly/1qRsdrI by @DianaUrban at @HubSpot #TwitterTip #twitter25