We recently published a public beta of the HubSpot Culture Code slide deck. This deck started out as an internal document years ago, and as a company who values transparency, we decided to share it with the world.
Like HubSpot, the Culture Code is a perpetual "work in progress," so we'll update it periodically. What you see now is Version 16 of the deck. The presentation has been very well received, with over 1.3 million views so far. (Thank you!)
HubSpot is growing. We have about 12,000 customers and over 700 people in the company now. We've raised over $100 million in venture capital. We are grateful to our customers and to the inbound community for the success we've had so far.
And we're grateful to those of you who have hopped on for the ride. We thought it could be interesting and possibly even useful to offer up this inside look at HubSpot and the people behind it. What do we believe? What makes us tick?
The answers to those questions (and more!) are in the mega-slide-deck included above. The document has evolved and expanded over several years into this latest version. We hope you like it and will share it.
Download our free culture code guide here to learn how to create a company culture your own employees love.
The HubSpot Culture Code
HubSpot employees are:
HubSpot Culture Code Highlights
1) Culture is to recruiting as product is to marketing.
2) Whether you like it or not, you're going to have a culture. Why not make it one you love?
3) Solve For The Customer -- not just their happiness, but also their success.
4) Power is now gained by sharing knowledge, not hoarding it.
5) "Sunlight is the best disinfectant."
6) You shouldn't penalize the many for the mistakes of the few.
7) Results should matter more than when or where they are produced.
8) Influence should be independent of hierarchy.
9) Great people want direction on where they're going -- not directions on how to get there.
10) "Better a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without."
11) We'd rather be failing frequently than never trying.
We hope you found the deck useful. If you'd like to reach out or provide feedback, you can do so in the comments below. Or, you can find me on twitter @dharmesh.