It’s the end of the month and quarter, and you know what that means: It’s quota-busting time.
The days before close of business are always stressful if you’re not at your number. And if you’re trying to qualify for above-and-beyond rewards like President’s Club, just being at your number isn’t enough -- you’ve got to exceed it.
That’s where Gary Vaynerchuk comes in. An entrepreneur and best-selling author who got his start transforming his father’s liquor store into a wine empire, Vaynerchuk is no stranger to the grind.
Luckily for you, Vaynerchuk’s leveraged his considerable experience into a career teaching other salespeople and marketers how to be successful. The 20 quotes below will light a fire under you and motivate you to attack the last few days of the quarter with gusto.
1) “No matter what you do, your job is to tell your story.”
2) “Stop doing shit you hate.”
3) “Trust is on the rise because transparency is on the rise”
4) “We are in control of the one asset that we all give the most f**ks about, and that is time.”
5) “Family first. Nothing else really matters.”
6) “99% of what we deal every day in business doesn’t matter. If you religiously follow the few core business philosophies that mean the most to you, everything else will naturally fall into place.”
7) “Ideas are worthless without execution, and execution is pointless without ideas.”
8) “Cash is oxygen. You can make the greatest cup of coffee, the greatest sneaker, the greatest TV show, or the greatest work of art ever, but if you can’t sell your product you are out of business.”
9) “Success in general is a well-balanced blend of luck, DNA, confidence, and hustle.”
10) “If you fail and people laugh at you, they’re not worth your time. Ignore them.”
11) “Care immensely or die!” (Editor's note: Gary said this at his INBOUND 2012 keynote. Watch it below!)
12) “What’s the ROI of a piano? To me it’s zero. For Billy Joel and Elton John, it has been substantial.”
13) “How do you make people buy in? You don’t. I speak only to the converted, and you should do the same.”
14) “If your work is great, that becomes your reputation, and that becomes the gateway drug to bring business into your sales funnel.”
15) “Retention is the game. The game in business is not how many customers you can get, it’s how many you can keep.”
16) “The game for me is not acquisition, it’s lifetime value and the percentage of wallet I get from that person.”
17) “Provide 51% of the value in a relationship, whether it’s with an employee, a client, or a stranger.”
18) “Smart work will never replace hard work, it only supplements it.”
19) “People are your most important commodity.”
20) “Never be romantic about how you make your money.”
Originally published Sep 28, 2016 6:30:00 AM, updated July 28 2017