To create and manage a hotel website, you’ll need a booking system that allows guests to make reservations online. If you’re a WordPress user, we have some great news: There are several WordPress hotel booking plugins available that make your life much easier.
There are two ways to start a hotel booking site on WordPress. The first option is to select a custom WordPress theme that is created for hotel sites. The other option is to select any WordPress theme you like and add booking functionality via a WordPress plugin. We recommend using a hotel booking plugin, since it will let you change your theme whenever you want without affecting your booking system.
In this post, we’ve found the best hotel booking system plugins that will help you get your hotel booking site up and running in minutes.
Top WordPress Hotel Booking Plugins
- WordPress Hotel Booking Plugin by MotoPress
- WP Booking System
- WP Hotel Booking
- WP Hotelier
- ARB Appointment Reservation and Booking Plugin
1. WordPress Hotel Booking Plugin by MotoPress
MotoPress’s hotel booking plugin is an all-in-one plugin for managing an unlimited number of bookings effortlessly. This reservation tool includes an online availability calendar, flexible booking rules, custom rates, seasonal rates, and transparent pricing with taxes and fees. You also have the unique possibility to sell extra services whenever you want on the website.
Hotel Booking conducts automatic synchronization with external online travel platforms so that you will never get overbooked. Hotel Booking features popular payment gateways, like PayPal, 2Checkout, Braintree, Stripe, and Beanstream/Bambora, so visitors can easily make reservations.
- Mobile-friendly property search form
- Can create custom fields on the search from
- Allows front-end visitors to book multiple properties at once
- Can create coupons to promote a property
- Paid integration with WooCommerce makes it a great choice for WooCommerce owners
- Advanced payment gateways must be purchased as an add-on
- Some users have reported a steep learning curve on the back-end
Pricing: $99 (Single Site); $199 (Unlimited Sites)
If you're interested in this plugin, be sure to check out this tutorial that shows you how to make a WordPress hotel site with Motopress:
HBook is another one of the best WordPress hotel booking plugins. It's a customizable hotel booking system plugin that can handle the hotel room booking process from start to finish. This plugin comes with a calendar system for a streamlined process, and you can integrate PayPal to receive payments.
It works seamlessly with your theme, so that your booking form doesn’t look any different than the rest of your website. With its shortcodes, you can place forms and calendars anywhere on your site, giving you more chances to convert users.
- Can set custom fields on the booking form
- Discounts and coupons available to promote properties
- Can offer extra services at an additional charge to customers
- Can automatically set fees for each reservation
- Well-established plugin with a long history of use and high ratings across the board
- Additional payment gateways must be purchased individually
- No filtering option for properties
- Users can’t book multiple properties at the same time
Pricing: $65 one-time fee
Another powerful WordPress plugin, VikBooking offers an advanced booking system with real-time availability of rooms. With this plugin, you can manage rooms, room types, capacity, hotel rates with different date ranges, and advanced payments.
Unlike some of the other options on this list, you can download VikBooking directly from the WordPress plugin library in your admin panel. There’s no need to download the plugin’s files and upload them manually. So if you’d like to save a little bit of time, this is a great choice for you.
- Can install directly from the WordPress admin dashboard
- Can create different room types
- Availability calendars make it easy to see which properties are available
- Can set different pricing models: per day, per occupancy, and so on
- Important features such as seasonal rates and booking restrictions are only available on the paid version
Pricing: Free; Premium version available for a one-time fee of €140 (with optional renewal)
4. WP Booking System
With the free WP Booking System plugin, you can create a booking calendar and form that suits your business. This plugin offers the option to create a shortcode, so you can place the booking system wherever you'd like on your website.
WP Booking System comes with a premium version as well with unlimited booking forms and calendars.The premium version includes a display with multiple months and a complete customization option to change the appearance to complement your website.
Like VikBooking, WP Booking System can be downloaded straight from the admin dashboard, making it a great choice if you’d like to waste no time manually uploading a plugin.
- Can install directly from the WordPress admin dashboard
- Fully customizable booking form with personalized form fields
- Can create shortcodes and insert the form anywhere on your website
- Dedicated Gutenberg block makes it the best choice for those using Gutenberg
- Good fit for the beginner hotel website owner because of its low buy-in
- Most important features, such as customizable colors and booking notifications, are only available on the pro version
Pricing: Free; Premium version available for $49 (1 Website); $79/year (5 Websites); $159/year (Unlimited Websites)
5. WP Hotel Booking
WP Hotel Booking is a free WordPress hotel booking system plugin with enough features to support hotel management websites on a bit tighter of a budget. In this plugin, you can manage room reservations, customer communications, and set pricing plans.
WP Hotel Booking integrates with three payment gateways (PayPal, Stripe, and Authorize.Net) in addition to offline payment. Authorize.Net and Stripe payment require add-on plugins to work, but these are free as well. Add-ons are also available for block room booking, WooCommerce integration, and coupons.
There are also two premium themes, LuxStay and Sailing, that were designed to work with this plugin.
- Free to use
- Simple, clean, and intuitive interface with no tech knowledge required
- Includes all essential features for a hotel booking system in the core plugin
- Multiple payment gateway options
- Support for room galleries
- Special functionality (including some payment gateways) is accessed through additional plugins, which can slow performance
6. WP Hotelier
The WP Hotelier plugin is another free and high-quality option for hotel booking systems. With it, you’ll be able to create different types of rooms, let visitors reserve rooms, and accept payment accompanied by an email booking notification. The plugin is flexible enough to offer different payment types (deposit vs. full charge up-front) and lets you set rates by season or day of the week too.
Additional features include discount codes, shortcode functionality, administrative approval when a reservation is requested, and non-refundable reservations. There’s also a library of premium extensions that unlock other functionality like Stripe payments, and more fine-tuned control over seasonal rates, MailChimp integration, and week bookings (i.e., only allow guests to book on set weekdays and set weekly rates).
- The core version of the plugin is free to use
- An overall very user-friendly system, while still being powerful and flexible
- Helpful support documentation if you ever get stuck
- Extensions library means you only need to install what you need and save on performance
- Multiple extensions can be pricey, though the plugin does offer an extensions bundle starting at 125€ for use on one website
Pricing: Free; Paid extensions can be purchased individually or all together for 125€
7. ARB Appointment Reservation and Booking Plugin
ARB is another complete and easy-to-use booking plugin for WordPress that creates different types of booking systems. Your customers can have a look at the calendar to see what is available when making their reservations. Once the process is complete, both the admin and the user will get email notifications. It works seamlessly with WooCommerce.
ARB offers a 100% money guarantee. You can try it on your hotel website for a trial period, and if it doesn’t work for you, you can request a refund.
- Can set special pricing for seasonal or promotional reasons
- Can send email notifications to clients about their booking
- iCalendar file is automatically sent to clients
- Filters available on the backend to easily look through your properties
- User accounts available so that customers can self-manage their bookings
- All WooCommerce payment gateways available through the plugin
- Calendar add-on must be purchased separately
Pricing: $55 one-time fee
Use a Hotel Booking Plugin on Your WordPress Website
With a hotel booking plugin, you can efficiently manage bookings for your hotels, apartments, or other rental properties. This type of plugin can also help provide a better experience for your customers since they can make and manage their reservations online. By offering a better user experience on your site, you guarantee that customers will continue booking with you.
Editor's note: This post was originally published in October 2019 and has been updated for comprehensiveness.