Episode #38 - May 1st, 2009
- How to interact on Twitter - @karenrubin @mvolpe
- Remember to subscribe in iTunes - http://itunes.hubspot.tv
- Special guest next week @scottkirsner
- Karen at Girls in Tech here in Boston on 5/7
- @bradfordCoffey - Should I do PPC on a phrase I rank on the 1st page for organically?
- Sue Blaney from www.pleasestoptherollercoaster.com - My ebook is getting good traction internationally, what can I do to help it gain more traction in the US?
Doing it Right
- @JKern_MOD - #twitterprint
Inbound Marketing Summit Recap
- Inbound Marketing Summit San Francisco - Live Run Down
- Mike tells us about all the fun he had without Karen
- Marketing Takeaway: The Inbound Marketing Summit is coming to Dallas in May and Boston in September, don't miss out!
Internet Profit in Developing Nations
- In Developing Countries, Web Grows Without Profit
- Web companies that rely on advertising are enjoying some of their most vibrant growth in developing countries. But those are also the same places where it can be the most expensive to operate...
- There may be 1.6 billion people in the world with Internet access, but fewer than half of them have incomes high enough to interest major advertisers
- Marketing Takeaway: Remember that the web is global even if your business isn't.
Ahhh-Choo! Marketing and the Flu
- What's in a name? Swine Flu, Mexican Flu, North American Flu, H1N1? - Gov't drops 'swine flu' name over pork protests
- Google Could Have Spotted the H1N1 Flu Early -
- Marketers respond
- There's even an iPhone app! - Want To Avoid Swine Flu? There’s An App For That Too.
- Is there anything good you can do related to the flu? Does it pose a risk to your brand or products?
- Marketing Takeaway: Evaluate the risks and opportunities for the H1N1 flu.
Facebook Votes & Stats
- Facebook Vote Comes In, all 0.3% of it... Facebook Vote Results In!
- Check Facebook
- Marketing Takeaway: Managing community is hard. Large communities usually have many unengaged members.
Forrester Predicts Growth for Social Media, but expects Search Marketing to Stay Dominant
- Forrester Predicts Huge Growth for Social Media Marketing
- Forrester predicts growth across all areas of online advertising
- 34% growth for social media
- Still expects search marketing to be more than 55% of online ad spending
- Marketing Takeaway: Invest in all aspects of inbound marketing, not just the sexy stuff.
60% of people who sign up for Twitter don't come back the next month
- Twitter's Audience Has a 'No Return' Policy
- Marketing Takeaway: Twitter might be a smaller audience than you think.
Marketing Tip of the Week
- It's ok to attract some of the wrong people, especially if you can easily separate the ones you want to sell to from the ones you don't want to sell to.
- Jennifer Turelli - Should we add our company to Wikipedia? Does that lend any SEO credit?
- No follow links & Tough review process
- Add content to other relevant wikipedia pages
- Bad ettiquite
Miss last week's episode?
HubSpot TV - Inbound Marketing for the Beer Biz and You
(April 24th, 2009)
HubSpot Free Trial
Optimize your website to get found by more prospects and convert more of them into leads and paying customers with HubSpot's inbound marketing system.