Cooking and blogging -- they have more in common than you might think. When you make dinner, you take a variety of ingredients and mix them together to create a balanced meal. You should look at blogging in the same way. Create a mix of posts using text, video and more. Here are five types of blog posts you should be writing:
1. Raisin Bran - Basic, Ever yday Posts . These posts are the foundation of your blog. They should be educational and you should get good at producing them quickly. Be sure to use keywords in the title and throughout the body of each post.
2. Spinach - Healthy, Thoughtful Posts. This type of post is designed to establish you as a thought leader. Unlike your basic, everyday posts, these posts will be more in-depth and may take extra time to write. You don't need to write as many of these.
3. Roasts - Big Blog Projects. These are blog posts that involve extra research or analysis and take more time to create. This type of blog post can generate a lot of inbound links to your blog and discussion. Choose your topics wisely and this type of post will set your blog apart from the competition.
4. Chocolate Cake - Sweet Stuff. Mix some fun into your blog. Typically this type of blog post will grab the reader's attention and can lead to lots of links and traffic. Video, images and cartoons are great examples of fun posts that help diversify your blog content.
5. Tabasco - Posts That Start Fires. Make a bold statement about your industry. Just be prepared to defend yourself; this type of blog content can be polarizing. Expect to gain a lof of links and comments (good and bad). Be careful not to write too many of these, as you could lose your audience's trust.
What other types of blog content do you create on your blog?
This article was written by Shaun Pinney, a member of our consultant team at HubSpot. Check out Shaun's Bio .