Have you ever cringed at a "Got Milk?" ad? Feel a strange sense of pride when you find a typo in a reputable book? Did you secretly (or not-so-secretly) love making syntax trees in school?
Then you might just love these grammar jokes as much as we do. Here are a few of our favorites -- share yours with us in the comment section!
(Note: A few of them could be considered inappropriate in some work environments ... )
23 Humorous Grammar Jokes & Puns
1. The streets were oddly desserted that night.
2. The past, the present, and the future walked into a bar.
3. I'll never date another apostrophe.
4. Correct grammar makes me sound dry.
5. 10 Items or Fewer
6. Knowing Your Sh*t vs. Knowing You're Sh*T
7. Squids, Not Squad
8. A Tense Situation
9. Name two pronouns.
10. Stop clubbing.
11. We better just stop right now.
12. What do you call Santa's elves?
13. Let's eat Grandma!
14. When English Majors Marry
15. When Grammarians Grill
16. Eye Before Flea
17. Blade named Sting
18. Dork is the preferred nomenclature.
19. To Funny
20. That's a classy owl.
21. Ancient Grammar Police
Want to learn more about grammar mistakes? Check out 20 of the Worst Typos, Grammatical Errors & Spelling Mistakes We've Ever Seen.
Editor's Note: This post was originally published in December 2014 and was updated in November 2019 for accuracy and comprehensiveness.