Running an agency is hard. There are daily growth challenges that need to be overcome. Luckily, you’re not the only one coming up against these problems. We spoke with agency thought leaders and experts about a number of these problems in our monthly webinar series.
This monthly webinar series focuses on a variety of topics from agency growth to brand building to sourcing top talent and winning new clients.
To help start you off the on the right foot, we’ve compiled agency expert advice from 15 different thought leaders and agency experts. If you want to watch any of the webinars in full, you can find them all here.
1. Michael Gass, Author of Fuel Lines, emphasizes on the fact that a clear plan and positioning strategy are good growth hacks for a successful agency business.
"Three things a new business director needs for success - Create a plan, develop a process and have a positioning strategy" (Click to Tweet)
2. Lee Frederiksen, Managing Partner at Hinge Marketing, talks about the importance of brand building, reputation and visibility in the market for getting referrals from top clients.
"8/10 of professional services buyers say they would refer their providers based on good experience and reputation but 81.5% of firms have received a referral from people they have not worked with" (Click to Tweet)
3. Aleyda Solis, International SEO Consultant, advises agency business owners to focus on using best SEO practices to stay on top of their game in the digital world.
“Always prioritize your topics/ terms/ keyword targets not only just based on volume, relevance, competition and seasonality but also their potential profitability towards the business.” (Click to Tweet)
4. David C. Baker, Principal at Recourses Inc., advises marketers to refrain from making business mistakes which can ruin the agency’s reputation in the market.
"Don’t chase growth without understanding the implications of it" (Click to Tweet)
“The best way for agencies to position themselves in this digital age is to understand their brand, service offering, past client experience and deliverables" (Click to Tweet)
9. Sharon Toerek, Principal at Toerek Law, speaks about how new agency models can cause legal issues for business owners.
“The best legal tools that agencies can include in their work models are Non Disclosure Agreements, Agreements for Freelancers, Collective Participant Agreements, Client Service Agreements, Data Protection Policies, Software-use and originality policies for dealing with remote work issues” (Click to Tweet)
“Many agencies struggle with their pricing strategy, it's not about the dollar amount put on the prices but how the pricing options are presented to the clients" (Click to Tweet)
14. Pete Sena, Founder & CCO of Digital Surgeons, discusses the importance of creating an internal culture of content for driving marketing and business development.
"An internal culture of content will drive awareness, increase revenue and level up teams in their learning process" (Click to Tweet)
15. Doug Kessler, Creative Director at Velocity Partners, talks about the unique concept of honest marketing and its benefits towards building a better brand.
"Total honesty surprises and delights customers, signals confidence, builds trust and attracts ideal prospects" (Click to Tweet)
In this digital age, running and growing your agency is a tricky business. The HubSpot Agency Expert Webinar Series gives business owners an opportunity to soak up fresh ideas from industry thought leaders and experts to identify new growth opportunities for achieving long-term business success.